Missouri Personal Injury and Crime Victim Advocates
In America, thousands of violent crimes occur on a daily basis. Victims of violent crimes must deal with both the physical and emotional injuries from these regrettable events. The families of these victims are also adversely affected. Violent criminal actions can cause an immense amount of pain and suffering in the life of the victim. That is why it is not only important that the responsible parties be held accountable for their involvement in the crime, but it is also important that the victim receive a reasonable compensation to help cover for the damages sustained.
Protecting and Compensating Victims of Crime
Under Missouri law, individuals who are injured by the negligence of a property owner or the intentional act of a third party can claim compensation. Property owners who fail to protect visitors and guests from known danger, or warn them of potential danger, can be held liable for injuries and damages.
Business and property owners have a legal obligation and duty to their customers and guests to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition, inside and out; a duty to protect guests from foreseeable criminal acts on their premises. Businesses who fail to adopt appropriate safety and security measures to protect customers from deliberate criminal acts can be held accountable.
- Additional Information on Crime Victims/Negligent Security Claims
- HSSO Crime Victims Mission
- If You Have Been A Victim of Violent Crime
- When Businesses Are Liable To Crime Victims
- Businesses At Which Negligent Security Is Routinely Found
- Damages Recovery to Crime Victims
- What To Do If You Have Been A Crime Victim
- Information Your Crime Victim Attorney Will Need
- Common Perpetrator Defenses To Crime Victim Claims
- Frequently Asked Questions By Crime Victim
Schedule Your Free Case Review Today
If you or a loved one was seriously hurt or killed as a result of the criminal conduct of another, contact our law office today to schedule your free initial consultation and case review. Let us use our legal expertise to represent your best interests.