There are many drawbacks to being convicted of drug charges. If you have been arrested for drug charges, it's important to get immediate and proper legal representation in Columbia MO.
Did you know a drug conviction can directly impact your ability to secure future employment? On many applications there are questions about prior felony convictions. While the conviction might not affect your ability to do the job, it could definitely affect your ability to get hired. The same goes for trying to rent a home or apartment. Landlords are looking to have tenants that are low risk and consistently on time with their payments. A conviction on the application form can curb their enthusiasm to allow you to rent. A conviction can also take away some of your civil rights, some temporarily, some permanently. In Missouri, your ability to serve on juries and to possess a gun are removed permanently. Your ability to vote is suspended based on incarceration, parole and probation time.
Each year, Columbia sees its share of drug related arrests, with people being charged with:
- Simple Drug Possession - Like an officer catching someone smoking marijuana.
- Possession with intent to distribute the drug - Like having a bulk quantity of marijuana or pills.
- Selling or Delivering Drugs - If the officer sees someone passing drugs to someone else and receiving payment.
- Attempted sales of controlled substances or illegal drugs
- Possession of drug paraphernalia or manufacturing equipment
- Distributing illegal drugs or controlled substances
- Manufacturing Drugs
Each case is different. Some of the major factors in cases being prosecuted for drug charges include:
- What kind of drug was involved?
- How much of the drug is involved?
- How the drugs were attained
- What the arrested person was going to do with the drugs.
- Everything law enforcement officers observed and documented prior to the arrest.
Whatever your legal challenge, we will listen to your concerns and answer your questions about likely outcomes and consequences. We deal with drug arrests and drug charges in Columbia MO. Contact Holder Susan Slusher, LLC today for a free consultation or case review. Bogdan Susan and Chris Slusher manage our drug possession and related defense cases. While we are based in Columbia, MO across the street from the Boone County Court House, we help clients in several parts of Missouri.