Head-on collision car accidents involve front end to front end impacts, often with the most severe consequences, including death, occupant ejection, and/or catastrophic injuries. Head-on collisions are common on two-way roadways where separation of lanes is minimal and lane crossing is easy to occur. Although less common, highway head-on collisions can involve speeds up to 80 mph in both directions. Frontal airbags may help reduce injuries, but the sudden deceleration is often so severe that major injuries are unavoidable. These sometimes fatal accidents only account for about 2 percent of all auto accidents, but sadly, they account for over 10 percent of all auto accident fatalities.
Head-on collisions usually involve the negligence of one or more drivers that result in another driver being unable to react in time to avoid a collision. Other times, a motorist reacting to an obstacle on the road or the faulty action of another driver can cause them to veer into an oncoming lane of traffic. But whatever the cause, the results can be devastating, leaving the injured party with stacks of medical bills, an inability to work, and severe mental and emotional distress.
- Head on collisions can be caused by any of the following:
- Veering into an oncoming lane due to drowsiness or distraction
- Improper passing of another vehicle
- Swerving to avoid obstacles, debris, animals, and pedestrians
- Improper left turn in front of an oncoming vehicle
- Tire blowouts from worn or defective tires
- Road work or construction sites
- Overcompensation after shoulder drop-off
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Bad weather conditions and low visibility
It takes an experienced and dedicated attorney to do the preparation and work to forensically study the scene of the accident, analyze the car for defective parts, and investigate the actions that lead to the tragedy.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Missouri Head-On Collision Attorney Today
The attorneys at Holder Susan Slusher, LLC understand just how much a head-on-collision can affect an individual and their family. If you or a family member has been involved in a head-on-collision, we want to talk to you. We have a reputation for fighting for justice for our clients. Call our office today and talk to one of our attorneys to find out how we can help you fully recover for all of your injuries and damages.