Aggressive Consumer Protection Attorneys
The attorneys at Holder Susan Slusher, LLC have experience representing clients who have been the victims of consumer fraud.
|We will fight for the rights of clients who have been the victims of unscrupulous sales tactics in areas such as:|
|Consumer Products||Identify Theft|
|Ponzi Schemes||Financial Scams|
What Exactly is Consumer Fraud?
Consumer fraud occurs when deceptive, misleading, or unfair business practices cause a consumer to suffer financial and/or personal losses. Any consumer can be the victim of fraud, but senior citizens and college students are particularly vulnerable populations. The illicit business practice could affect only you as an individual, or a whole group of consumers.
What Are Some Examples of Fraud Claims?
Common forms of consumer fraud include:
- Identity theft
- Selling an unsafe and defective product
- Misrepresenting a service or product
- Requiring a fee in advance of a service or product and not delivering exactly what you paid for
- Deceptive sales tactics
- Misleading burial or funeral pricing information
- Lack of an itemized funeral/burial/cremation price list
- Hidden burial fees
- Implying optional funeral add-on services are required
- Misleading funeral contracts
- Asking you for money in order to enroll you in insurance marketplaces
- People pretending to work for the government and pressuring you to buy health insurance
- Not getting the insurance policy you were sold
- Fraudsters gaining access to your retirement accounts
- Fees incorrectly siphoned from your retirement account
- Investment scams /Ponzi schemes making false promises about high rates of return
These are only a short list of the many, many examples of consumer fraud. If you have a hunch that you’ve been defrauded, give our law firm a call. There’s no risk to you to find out if you have a case.
How Do I Report Fraud Properly?
When you contact our attorneys for a complimentary, no-obligation case review, we can describe exactly how you can report the fraud. The Federal Trade Commission takes reports of scams and fraud, and we can help you file a complaint with the right state agency. We’ll also let you know what your options are for next steps in your pursuit of justice and compensation for your losses.
How Do I Fight Back Against Fraud?
No one likes the feeling of getting swindled or misled. Despite our best efforts at “buyer beware,” anyone can become the victim of fraudulent business practices resulting in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, or millions of dollars. You may feel alone, angry, and embarrassed. Our attorneys are here to provide the clear and straightforward information you need in order to decide what to do next.
Some of the recommended steps may include:
- Report the fraud to the FTC
- Call your bank right away if you think your bank account or identity information was stolen
- Call our consumer fraud attorneys as soon as possible
After learning more about your situation, our experienced attorneys will have a better idea of how you may be able to recover the money you lost. Sometimes, an individual’s case becomes part of a larger class action in which a group of people who were defrauded the same way as you, pursue a lawsuit together. We’ll make sure you know all of the options in front of you.
How Do I Prepare for Court?
Here are some steps to take now:
- Call us for a free case review
- Find out exactly what you may need to gather together to help your case
- Jot down a list of all of the evidence you think you may have (this may include bank statements, written communication, voicemails, pricing sheets, receipts, billing statements, etc.)
- Have an idea of what unlawful and fraudulent business practices took place
- Have an accounting of what financial losses you experienced
Know that not all cases go to court. Regardless of how you will ultimately need to prepare, rest assured that our attorneys will make sure you know and understand those steps. We are in constant communication with our clients, ensuring they know what is happening with their case and how they can help to resolve it with the best possible outcome.
What Kind of Compensation Should I Expect From the Case?
Each victim’s situation is unique, but generally, successful recoveries of monetary compensation may be calculated based on:
- Your financial losses
- The costs of litigation and legal fees
- Other losses or damages you’ve suffered as a direct result of the fraud
Talk to our attorneys about what your case may be worth. Although we can’t guarantee the recovery of compensation, we will always fight tirelessly on our clients’ behalf until the best possible resolution is reached.
Talk to a Lawyer Today
The State of Missouri provides consumers a powerful tool to protect their in interests in the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act and the attorneys of Holder Susan Slusher, LLC are knowledgeable in utilizing the Act to seek justice for clients. Holder Susan Slusher, LLC also has the ability and connections to pursue class action lawsuits on behalf of fraud victims.
People who have been victims of fraudulent acts or unscrupulous sales tactics can often feel alone in a confrontation with a large company or organization. Having an experienced and aggressive attorney who is not afraid to take on large, powerful organizations is necessary in order to protect the rights of fraud victims - the attorneys of Holder Susan Slusher, LLC have the experience to fight for fraud victims.